T I C K T A L K s . . .

Sunday, November 20, 2005

My First (?) One...

Well... You make me go back to my writing days. This is not exactly the first one I wrote--that was when I was in 10th standard. But this one definitely is the first since I decided to write.

Once upon a time
Times were nice
Me, she, and our smiles
Those days perished
The moments we cherished
They still play in front of my eyes
She hated girls, I hated boys
Being together made us complete
We loved us raw, never elite
I was so general, she was so plain
Verdicts were given, we took no pain
I loved her, she but possessed
Glances grew mine, hers they intensed
1.
In the dark as if ember I burnt
On the burning mat till the light I turned
With eyes closed I lay on that pyre
Waiting for her to put out the fire
Why is she so late?
I’ve heard, He makes them wait
A warm breeze on the temple blew
My muse was there, at last, I knew
Job’s patience it needed to lay still
A Herculean task tugging my will
This strength too to her I owe
Her presence was Eden, Heaven was to follow
Slowly flew the tempest, reaching the verge
The pair tottered, eager to merge
In a breath time stood, went by ages
Unframed remains the saga of my rages
Gradually she lowered, I was consecrated
Above the seven skies, elevated
She stood in halo, I lay in trance
The world uneclipsed to her divine countenance
Damned are those who call it a kiss
In mortality it remains Almighty’s eternal bliss

2 Comments:

  • She hated girls, I hated boys
    Being together made us complete

    wonder what this exactly means.

    By Blogger uglygirl, at Wed Nov 23, 09:59:00 PM PST  

  • a bid for exactness left a woman with five husbands... none to call her own...

    guessed so...
    can i have the liberty of asking what YOU see there...
    definitely something which made you ask the question...
    how many poets were asked the question... whatever we know is what we read... in that...
    tell me what you read...
    what i had to say is there in some lines right there...

    nice to see someone actually trying to read beyond rhymes...

    By Blogger boomshak, at Thu Nov 24, 12:45:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home